BOXING MATCH !!!

hey pals !! my name is christopher, I am a lovable person and in my young days I was never involved in fist fights.The irony was such that, I had group of friends who never had gang fights..:(:(
Little I knew that once I would grow up, I would have to go to a training institute where there would be no-voices boxing.It was a tournament in which come what may every one would have to fight a bout according to their weight category.This sent me shivers; and i was so hopeful that being ultra light in terms of weight,may be I would not qualify to fight under any weight category..:):)
It was hot summer afternoon, I was having my lunch in the dining hall, and one of my pal came up to me and said "all the best christopher, you are fighting first, today evening, against some boxer named Noorie. I am sure brother, you would punch him to death" !!!. Of course, I had no clue who the hell Noorie was, but much later after my bout, I came to know Noorie was a professional boxer and a killer.


Unknowingly about what would happen in the evening, I was behaving like a bond. Later, in the evening the bout started and every team was cheering for their boxers. The atmosphere was euphoric and I was punching to glory....errr not in the ring but in the tent as a part of  last minute warm up practice. Since, I had already started to think like a bond, I further imagined to have already won my bout. Suddenly, in the middle of my day dreaming, came a pat form my pals and they said " hey dude, play your best ok!, and take care of your teeth, nose etc etc ". I had no idea why they said that untill, I saw my opponent who was punching hard, he was surprisingly very light but had 6 pack abs and a rock solid structure who could take away everything what came his way. I realized " christopher...you are gone.....". Traditionally  whenever 2 boxers boxed in a ring, their teams cheered on top of their voice and they had a small competition among themselves; to outplay each other in terms of cheering atleast, what if; the result of match could be against their team.

ROUND 1 : Referee said " Box", before I could take a breathe that Noorie punched me 5 times, and my head started spinning. On the cheering side... Come on Christopher, Come on Christopher, soon changed to Ohhhhh myyyy God Chrissssssssss topher, poor Chris, he is against a rock. Each batch mate had almost one hand in  front of their eyes because they could not see me getting punched to glory. 03 minutes seemed like an hour.
Break time : I first saw my eyes, nose,tooth all were intact,phew!!. My coach, a senior, said " you got battered right", I said to my mind "dude do you have any doubt in that", he continued " you must be damn angry, go out there and hit him hard". I had just two things in mind firstly, I should not make Noorie angry, and secondly when do I get out of this ring safely??.

ROUND 2 : This time I thought as referee would say "Box", I would rush towards Noorie and punch him hard, BUT pals, nothing like that happened, he again charged and punched me thrice. In retaliation may be; I punched him hard on his nose , yeah that was one of the first punches which came from MY fist. Oh boy!, that annoyed Noorie, so he charged on me, and scene was pretty simple - He was behind me, I was in front of him and we were running in circular fashion in the ring. Yeah pals, I was running for my life you see!!!. Referee was perplexed; he shouted and told us to freeze. He then came up to me and said " Boxer.... BOX DO NOT RUN, BOX". I was not in the frame of mind, I thought to tell  referee " Its Noorie, you must be kidding me". Scene on the cheering side; everyone was sitting silently most of them with closed eyes and few murmuring, hope christie does not loose his teeth, poor christo etc etc.
Break time  : My coach had given up hope by now and all he had to tell me was, punch, punch and please for God sake punch!!!!!.

ROUND 3 : I do not know what boxing was, but surely realized by the 3rd round you just feel like dying. Ok, nothing melodramatic happened and I did not fight back to win the bout but yeah boxed full 3 minutes with some strong counter punches.I never gave up, but it was painful. After the bout I had gained lot of sympathy and respect from my coursemates..:):), who did not know me, now; knew me what if in the context of " Oh he is christopher who was against NOORIE"
On brighter side, Noorie came up to me and said " brother , no hard feelings but my record was  simple, 1st round knockout punch, and you broke my record today".
 I realized it was not a big deal to last all 3 rounds except of course bruises and swollen cheek, I learnt no matter how a big problem is, you need to face it boldly.I learnt, never give up, come what may.Soon in next term, I was much better in boxing and won few bouts as well. I was never into fist fights never had beaten guys, but I was in a situation so does every one get, the key is how we react and hang on when others give up hope.
HAPPINESS WOULD BE THERE ONCE YOU GET SUCCESS AFTER YOU HAVE TOILED HARD AND STAYED ENOUGH TO SEE THE END OF A PROBLEM!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Train which took the blessings!!

passion towards dream leads to happiness

course of lifetime