Life is short, live the most of it


                                         
Hi folks long time since I penned down my thoughts as was busy in understanding the dynamics of life which is so simple yet very difficult to keep it simple. I was in my final term of military academy and was anxious where my destiny would take me in terms of my posting, operational mission etc. Little, I knew that my life will have a 360 degree turn in my first mission. At age of 22, all I knew that in a computer game of counter strike played during my days in Engineering college, when soldier used to succumb to injuries, we used to restart the game but in reality, when bullet hits you, there is no RESTART. The heights of 20000 ft, temperature close to -45 degree made you realize that mother nature is the strongest.
When deployed in very disturbed area,I was leading a platoon which had to bravely stand against the enemy for six months without reinforcement, medical back up and ration(all stalked before the snowfall as the logistic supply was cut off). When I was being briefed by my commander, I just realized the intensity of the situation and thought it may happen that we never come back! All I wanted to say few sorrys/thank you, give a call to my mom and say I  love her loads. The mission was on and we were on our own. I asked my sergeant in one of the cold winter mornings, why we are scared of death? He had seen lot of action and with lot of experience said which I could not forget. “Sir we are too attached with the relations. He explained by giving an example of young boy who was earning well and doing all right things. Death God came to take him, he requested once he buys house and gets married, He can take him. Death God agreed, time passed by, the boy got married even had kids. Death God appeared to take him but he requested for more time as he wanted kids to grow. Death God smiled and went back. When kids grew he again requested God to go back as now he wished kids to get married, the cycle continued till he finally agreed to go to heavens when he could see his grandson smile”. The morale of the story was that we associate with worldly desires and think few standardized happiness coined by society to true happiness. The Sargent had taught me a very important lesson of life. Do not be afraid of death as it is the only truth. Do the duty in the correct way.  We had numerous occasions when death came by closely but the fact of life was that how many times you lived fully. How many times you forgot everything and did those small things which made you happy and others around you felt happy to have you around.

We often feel bad about the situation and sulk. Time will not stop for anyone. Good moments should be cherished and used as a reservoir to be used when bad times come.  When bullet is fired you never know if it has a name written for you, all you can do is to fight well and never give up! Live life in your own terms. Love people around, respect others and try helping whenever situation comes up. Never be afraid of death as everyone has to leave this planet someday. Better would be to live so much each day that if you do not have a tomorrow, the impression left behind is forever. Do not just run for money instead try to achieve happiness by living life each day!!!


Comments

  1. Thanku for sharing the unique information.life will have a 360 degree turn in my first mission.life is short its most of it .somelife is enjoyful and somelife is stragle.my company working in towing Des Moines service with hard work.its time will nit stop for anyone.thanku for good moment sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Train which took the blessings!!

passion towards dream leads to happiness

story of a brave dog