Adaptability is key

Hi Folks,
It has been a time since i penned down my thoughts on this blog. I wanted to share a story of myself where adaptability played a major role in navigating obstacles which life threw at me.
There was a time when i never could get great grades in my class but i tried my best to not give up and continued to fight the situation. In college, i was not good in learning the lessons and that impacted the over all grades,ranking. Placement season began and not many had high hopes on my fate due to low grades. I had to adapt quickly on the situation and worked hard to prepare for those firms which did not lay stress on grades but had their own testing criteria. I had only one chance to crack this and i converted it into a good placement. Every one has it's own story and one must not get bogged down by the external pressures because at the end you need to stand up, adapt and continue to give your best. As the placement season got over, i had managed to crack two interviews which gave me an assurance that marks are not the only way to judge someone's intellectual caliber.
Here is another one -
I did not have the luxury of tennis court nor a good coach who could guide me in learning this game in the right way. Hence, I just watched every match of Grand Slams like Australian Open, French Open,Wimbledon,US Open and imitated some of my favorite tennis players. I did shadow practice until I got a chance to actually play on the turf. I still remember that first day on the court where i hit the tennis ball out of the premises itself. This did not break my spirits and i continued to show up every day only to get no chance to play as others were fairly good at this sport and did not want to waste time in playing with an armature like me and spoil their game. I practiced with the wall and kept coming to court until one fine day i was given a chance to play because the fourth player did not turn up and hence i started my journey in the game of tennis. Soon, i started good enough to beat other players around and luckily i never had to wait for my chance to play. :) In life, you are tested almost every time but what matters is how you convert the challenges into an opportunity. I adapted to the situation and kept showing up so that i grab the chance or create a window of opportunity whenever it comes. I kept playing tennis and watched television to learn the Backhands,Forehands,Top Spins etc. Fast forward, there were zonal trials at my school and selectors came to watch the session and as usual I grabbed the opportunity to play one of my best tennis. This trial gave me a break to enter the zonal/state level tennis and that is how i played some good game at national level without formal coaching and a good racket. As part of the team,i was introduced to official coaching for the first time of just 2 months and i made full use of this opportunity.
There are chances where you think everything is lost but you must keep moving and I had to focus on studies too because in those days marks were still considered very important. Unfortunately i had to again adapt to the situation and focus on the academics. This sport was very expensive and i could not afford to play competitive sport while in school. The chance came in knocking again when i got into engineering college where tennis was actively played. This gave me a chance to re-start my passion and represent college in various competitive championships.
Adaptability is a trait that must be practiced because this key element helps us to move beyond the horizons of standardized boundaries and unleash the true limits which is actually limitless provided, you must have an open mind and courage to keep adapting and shifting gears according to the situation. True Happiness is when you play to your full potential and don't get impacted with the end result because you know that you gave your best! Certainly, money is not the only element that gives you happiness because if you ask me, the above anecdotes are more precious than monetary wealth as they continue to inspire me when the chips are down.
More from me in next blogs..Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Train which took the blessings!!

passion towards dream leads to happiness

story of a brave dog